Monday 1 October 2012

back to routine

... or that is how it is supposed to feel as the new academic year begins and the 4 Follies and I start the autumn term.

Yet this year I struggle to get into a routine.


Perhaps that is because patterns have not yet been set neither in work nor at home -

  • the eldest folly has begun her time at 6th form and is enjoying the more relaxed structure and inclusion of 'free's' into her timetable.
  • the youngest folly has just returned from a school residential spent at Little Canada.  so home routines have been a little different.

Perhaps it is the warm and often sunny weather we have experienced here in the south (until today that is), making me reluctant to give up the freedom of the summer holidays.

Perhaps simply my reluctance to accept the passing of time, the moving through the seasons, as I prepare to apply to secondary school for my baby.

Or perhaps it simply is that I fool myself we are ever in any kind of routine here at yewtreefollies!

No comments:

Post a Comment