- that our building work has started.
- just how many cups of tea I have made over the past week.
- that my builder is called Bob (though he does not wear orange checkered shirts).
- the sight of four girls on Sunday morning climbing on diggers and dumpers in their pyjamas.
- exactly how our garden looked before this project began.
- how quickly the holes and trenches appeared.
- that I am already having to think about where to positon radiators and lights.
home extension family children Christmas holidays home renovation half term majorca Easter building home decoration negreiros parenting portugal traditions wedding wine winter Montessori autism baking ballet beekeeping birthdays chickens choice boards college street communication dancing daughters dog doors douro exams father's day february filming food friends friendship hallow'een holiday honey jubilee language larder london mothering sunday new year night pantry polling station powerboat pre-school prom referendum remembrance sunday royal wedding school snow spring summer sunday teenagers winchester windows